Thursday, December 11, 2008

Any Suggestions?

OK, so Aaden is going to be 7 months old on the 22nd and he still wakes up every two to three hours through the night! Is this normal? Preston definitely inherited my sleep gene because he was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks old. That was it. He figured it out and never looked back. Ella, on the other hand, didn't figure out how to sleep through the night until after I was already pregnant with Aaden. She started sleeping through at about 17 months old, but at least she would only wake up once, maybe twice through the night, would want to be rocked and would fall back to sleep without a struggle. By the time she figured out how to put herself back to sleep, I was prego again and awake on and off through the night being sick and uncomfortable. So now I have my precious Aaden who still wakes up ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! I FEEL LIKE I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN YEARS!!! Fortunately for us Mommies, God was gracious to make these babies so darn cute, you forget in the morning (a little) how hard the night was. When I wake up in the morning to my three babies, even in my sleep deprived blur, I can't help but smile at them. I love my little angels so much, but this Mommy needs to figure out how to get more sleep! So if there is anyone out there in this blog world that is reading this and has any suggestions on how to get an adorable little 7 month old to sleep more than three hours at a stretch, please share!! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

3 comments:

Chuck/Hildy said...

Sorry, no suggestions from a guy who doesn't sleep much either, but I don't have a little person waking me up - must be in the genes. Really enjoy the picts - this a great way to keep up with the family without you having to go to Wally World to get copies made and mailing them to everyone. Sorry we missed the birthday party due to all of the fires and closing of I-5. Looks like you had a great crowd especially all of the kids. Hope to make it up on Christmas.

Michele said...

Seriously...I think kids are born sleepers or they are not:) Isaiah, not a sleeper...Hope, sleeper (thank God). She did not sleep though the night until 8 1/2 months but after that she was fine.

I did do some sleep training on her that I read in a book called "Good night, sleep tight." You could try that.

I thought that I would never get any sleep...but it passed and now we sleep. When you are going through it, it seems like it will never end...but since this is your last kiddo...it will all pass soon. Good luck! I remember those days...and I am not ready to start all over just yet:)

Charity said...

The only way I survived was having Addie in bed w/ me (but we've talked about this already, haven't we?) ;-)

My only real advice is "NAP!" zzzzzz

A book that really helped me was 'The No Cry Sleep Solution' by Elizabeth Pantley. She has really wonderful ideas.

http://www.pantley.com/elizabeth/

I agree with Michele though, "this too shall pass" and you'll look back on this phase and wonder how t all worked itself out.

Addie's been sick (again) but we'll come knocking on the door soon.

I LOVE THE PICTURES and we drove Wakefield Court just last night and I felt like a child, so wonderful!