Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Baby is 5!!!!

Today is Preston's Birthday!!! I can't believe it has been 5 years since he was born, time really does go by fast. I will always have the best memories of Preston as a baby because he was my first baby. I didn't have anyone else to chase around, it was just the three of us. When Mike and I found out that I was pregnant,we were so excited. I had gone through a miscarriage the month before so this pregnancy was an extra special blessing. The beginning of the pregnancy was tough because I was so sick,but by the fourth month I was much better. Around the fifth month we found out that we were going to have a little boy. We were so thrilled!! Mike had a smile glued to his face for a month. =) His first boy. We decided on the name Preston (actually I let Mike decide on the name since it was his first son) and then started shopping!! About the seventh month of my pregnancy I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so that was tough making sure my blood sugar didn't get too high, no fun following that diet either. Then on Nov. 18, about a week early, I went into labor! After a LONG 46 hrs. (yes, 46 hrs) of labor, Preston was here!! He was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. He weighed 8 lbs. and was 20 inches long. He was such a good baby! He never cried much, although it was probably because he ALWAYS had his pacifier (we call it a nuk) in his mouth. He was attached to that thing from day one. =) I could write a book remembering all the great things about Preston as a baby. I am so blessed to be his Mommy.

Now at 5, Preston is such a love. His smile lights up any room and when he laughs it is contagious and soon we are all laughing! I have watched him grow to be the best big brother Ella and Aaden could ever ask for, he loves them so much. And they love him! Aaden always gets a huge smile on his face when he sees Preston and Ella won't go anywhere without her big brother. Even though Preston has been through some pretty scary moments dealing with his food allergies, he is still the happiest boy I know. He loves playing with his spider-man toys, his legos and he really loves wearing his costumes. He runs around in his spiderman outfit shooting "webs" and has worn his Halloween costume everyday since his Halloween party. Again, I could write a book. I love him so much and am so thankful God entrusted ME with the blessing of being his Mommy! Preston is 5 today, but he will always be my baby. WE LOVE YOU PRESTON MICHAEL!!!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kim Givens said...

Oh my goodness... you make me cry again :) Such sweet words for your little/ big boy now :) Wow, 5 already. Amazing. He's such a great kid... all of them are! I'm glad Brennan has them as friends. And I'm so glad you and Mike are our firends too! Love ya!

Michele said...

Happy Birthday Preston! So glad we got to share it with you...even though we were only there a short while.

It was so nice to see all of you:)