Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkins.......and shots

So, yesterday I had to take Preston and Ella to get their yearly physicals which means they usually get shots also. As soon as Preston heard that we were going to the Dr., he started crying and would not get in the car! I finally had to bribe him with a trip to Toys r' Us to get him in the car. I don't usually bribe with toys, but we were already late for the appointment as it was and I had spent all morning getting three kids fed and dressed (not to mention getting myself ready) and that is a circus by itself! So in that moment I figured a trip to the toy store was worth it! At the appointment we found that Preston weighs 40 pounds and is 3' 6". He also has 20/20 vision in both eyes! Ella is 32 pounds and is 3'2" and is in the 90th percentile for her age in weight and height. Healthy kids!! =) Then came the shots...yuck. Preston screamed so loud I heard ringing in my right ear for the rest of the day. He also lost his voice for the rest of the day. Poor guy did get 3 shots and blood drawn. Ella was just due for one shot. She handled it like a champ! She climbed right up on my lap and let the nurse give her the shot. She cried a little when the needle went in, but that's it! I'm so glad that's over. We then of course ventured off to the toy store.

When Mike came home we ate dinner and......carved pumpkins!! Our friends Rod and Ren (the kids unofficial Uncles) came over and they carved one and Mike and the kids carved the other. I took pictures (although I did help Mike get the pumpkin gook out...but I left the carving to him!). This was the first time we carved pumpkins as a family! Preston was never old enough to really care about carving, but this year he was so excited to! It was so fun to watch the kids have a great time and to watch Mike have fun with the kids. He is such a good Daddy!! We love him! Rod and Ren are always entertaining. The kids adore them. I am so glad they were able to join in the pumpkin carving festivities!! =)

Photobucket
The kids at the pumpkin patch picking their pumpkins.

Photobucket
Cute baby on the haystack!

Photobucket
Mommy and Aaden climbing the haystack

Photobucket
Silly!

Photobucket
We picked our pumpkins!!

Photobucket
The carving begins!!

Photobucket
Aaden watched from his highchair

Photobucket
See...Mommy helped with the gook

Photobucket
Daddy hard at work (Ella doesn't like to wear clothes anymore..she always takes them off, I didn't forget to dress her!! =))

Photobucket
We're finished!! We let Preston draw the face before Mike carved it.

Photobucket
Ha! What dorks!! =)

Photobucket
Here's a better one

Photobucket
How pretty!!

Here are just some cute pictures I took yesterday of the kids playing out front.
Photobucket
Preston playing in our "playroom"....the garage!!

Photobucket
Aaden likes to watch the kids run around from his bouncer!

Photobucket
Ella driving her car while sucking her thumb ...in her heels! =)

Preston's Halloween party is tomorrow night so I will have a bunch of pictures of the kids in their costumes for the next post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my family..it is great having three kids..all different personalities...It is amazing being a husband and father..not much time to myself and maria..and I have a gut these days..but I prefer devoting myself and my time to my kids..and my wife